1 Thessalonians 5:16

Be Joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in ALL circumstances, for this is God's will for you.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Who does this guy think he is?!?!!?

I come to you tonight some what perturbed...

Papa Vern left the house this afternoon about 12:00pm for his follow up doctor appointment, and was supposed to return home promptly to give me a full description of what the doctor said for me to share with all of you!

Instead he goes to the doctor, then has lunch with Nana Bebe, goes to the lake to fish, then goes out to Justin to take some pictures at the barn, then dinner with the whole Moore gang plus the West's at Twisted Roots Burgers! All the while I am pacing in front of the front door eagerly awaiting his return. What does he think he can do, just live his life like normal?!?! What really sets me off is him coming in past dinner time, smiling and smelling of yummy cheeseburgers and curly fries, only to plop some nasty DIET food in my bowl!! For a guy who has had trouble eating the past few weeks, he sure had no problem eating his whole Twisted Root burger and not saving any scraps for the little guy!

I am really going to have to have a talk with him about all this activity and smiling. I mean the guy has cancer for chriss sake and walks around whistling! Even more so he is still yet to miss a day of work! No no, this is just not going to cut it for me, I need him at home where I can monitor him 24/7...

When he FINALLY did come home tonight and give me updated Dr. report, its nothing really new... They used a scope down his throat to grab some more tissue. Nothing was painful but the numbing medicine was really icky (i assume it taste like diet dog food). Test results should be in by Weds. Feb. 3rd. Nana Bebe saw some of the cancer on camera and its a lot of white patches right now, some are filled with blood, but this just means they are irritated. Even though these cells were only taken from the throat, it should give us an accurate idea of what's going on in the voice box too.

As soon as I have more information I will keep you all posted!

Much love,
Harley

No comments:

Post a Comment