1 Thessalonians 5:16

Be Joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in ALL circumstances, for this is God's will for you.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sandwich Stealer!




Let me give you MY side of the story FIRST! I get fed DIET dog food twice a day... Do you like diet anything?! I assume like myself, and every other warm blooded mammal in America, you do not... That being said, you can only imagine the temptation that comes with a double turkey and swiss cheese sandwich, sitting unattended on the kitchen table! Now don't get me wrong, I have manners and class, and would NEVER jump on the table to take anything that was not placed there for me. But today, Grandma Barbara left her sandwich placed on a napkin that just so conveniently hung over the edge of the table. And truth be told... I had no intentions of eating the sandwich, I just wanted to check it out! As I slowly and carefully pulled the napkin closer to me, the whole sandwich came crashing to the floor!


Now I have 2 options, 1 - leave sandwich on the floor for little old lady to unsuccessfully try and clean up on her own and in failed attempts my master, Papa Vern, will end up cleaning the floor himself. or 2 - I can do the right thing and clean it up myself, which just happens to entail consuming ever last crumb and leave the kitchen spotless! Being the concerned dog that I am, I want nothing more than to make Papa Vern's life easier, so I chose option 2!


As Grandma Barbara walks back in the kitchen and begins to rant and rave about how I "stole her sandwich" (the nerve of some people! if she only new...) I catch a smile and chuckle from Papa Vern, and in my little heart I know I have made him happy. Mission accomplished for the day, my Papa is smiling and I have a full belly!
Much Love,
Harley

No comments:

Post a Comment